Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse

The Art of HidingThe Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse

July 2017
Fiction

I received this digital unproofed ARC from Union Lake Publishing and NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

When I began reading this book it immediately made me think of another book I had just read. The genre is completely different but it did take me several chapters to reconcile that in my mind. The story begins with the tragic death of a woman’s husband under questionable circumstances.

Themes in his novel touch in the importance of family working together through the ups and downs of life. The main character, Nina, learns through tragedy and loss what is truly meaningful in her life. The title describes how we can often hide our insecurities and fears by focusing on unimportant things. A big house and fancy car may be elegant but in the end it doesn’t represent the morals and values of the people who own them. Sometimes, hiding behind materialistic things can mask the confusion pain of confronting our greatest fears.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment